OBJECTIVES OF PROGRAM
These objectives identify minimal performance of graduates upon
successful completion of the program:
- Provide basic nursing assistant care to clients in all age group in
the health/home care setting.
- Perform comfort and personal care measures in the health/home care
- Provide basic emotional, physical, psychological, and spiritual
support to clients in the health/home care settings.
- Cooperate with the health care team members to coordinate delivery
of nursing assistant care and seek guidance when necessary.
- Exhibit professional conduct, appearance, and ethical behavior when
providing nursing assistant care.
- Demonstrate skills which provide for the restorative needs of
- Demonstrate effective written/oral communication in maintaining
relationship with clients, families, and other health care members.
- Maintain the rights of clients.
- Perform nursing assistant care with regard to the principles of
- Perform basic emergency procedure for all aged clients.
- Demonstrate procedures in a safe therapeutic manner in the
health/home care setting to meet federal/state mandates.
- Demonstrate defensive driving techniques.
- Conduct a self-inventory of personal strengths for the purpose of
- Identify the similarities/differences in the role of the nursing
assistant in the health care setting and the role of the health
nursing aide in the home care setting.
Tuition & Fees >>>